Wherein I present:
Mickey's Next Updates To His Reaction To Obama's Inaugural Address!
- "Our workers are no less productive than when this crisis began." Pro-union! Boo!
- "the selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job." Pro-"flexibility"! Anti-union! Yay!
- "new era of responsibility" Pro-welfare reform! Yay!
- "a nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous" Pro-redistribution! Pie slicing! Boo!
- "This is the price and the promise of citizenship." Anti-amnesty! Yay!
- "hard work and honesty" Anti-union!
- "courage and fair play" Pro-Wagner Act!
- "It has not been the path for the faint-hearted - for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame." Pro-welfare reform but distressingly paleo-liberal!
- "the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply." Anti-Mickey Kaus! Booooo!
- "What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them" Hmm ... it's not 1998 (or 1977?) anymore? What? Boo!
- "Parsing public statements to the point where they can support two diametrically opposite political positions so that one can later prove one's prescience regardless of the actual outcome of events does not constitute cogent analysis, and is a transparently hackneyed tactic" [not actually part of the speech -- ed. Mickey was too busy hanging with Maureen Dowd at what must have been the worst party in Washington to notice!] ... uh ...
Feel free to copy and paste, Mickey!